The MRS45-12 UV system is easily-moveable room disinfection system designed to
provide direct, prolonged UVC treatment of the air and all exposed surfaces until the predetermined amount of time
The UV light is controlled with a remote control fob and an internal PLC. The UV
system is equipped with a 360° motion sensor array, to prevent accidental
exposure to anyone who may enter the room during the disinfection cycle. The
unit has 12 GML515 45” UV lamps optically centered around a highly
polished reflector for maximum germicidal UV intensity.
Motion Sensors: One 360° motion sensor array is mounted above the lamps to
prevent UV-C exposure to any persons who may enter the room during a UV
decontamination cycle. This is done by turning the UV lights off and cancelling
Wireless Controller: The operator can exit the room first and then remotely
start the countdown to begin the decontamination cycle thus reducing the risk of
UV-C exposure to the operator.
Each mobile UV system is equipped with casters for maximum portability. The
unit must be plugged into a three-prong, properly grounded, 120VAC, 15Amp rated
electrical outlet. This outlet must be protected with an appropriately rated and
listed circuit breaker.
Why it is important to disinfect surfaces with germicidal UV
1. Bacteria, including VRE, MRSA, TB, C.diff, and viruses can survive for a long time on contaminated surfaces.
2. In hospital environments, surfaces with which hands come in contact are often contaminated with nosocomial pathogens, and may serve as vectors for cross-transmission.
3. Contaminated hands can transfer germs to five more surfaces or 14 other subjects and can also recontaminate a clean surface.
4. There is evidence for low compliance with hand hygiene therefore all contaminated surfaces must be properly cleaned and disinfected.
Mobile UV System Features:
- 304 stainless steel body
- 360-degree motion sensors for automatic shut-off
- Large, high quality, locking casters for ease of transport
- Universal power input 120/220V, 50/60Hz
- Formed stainless tube structure protects lamps and improves ability to handle
and transport the unit
- Access panel for ease of maintenance
- Touch-screen controller with preset and manual disinfection
- 15 foot power cord (longer power cord available upon request)
- Remote key fob on/off
Mobile UV System Technical Specs:
- Weight: 90lbs
- Dimensions: 67”H x 26”W x 26”D
- UV Lamps: GML515 x 12
- Electrical Requirements: 8Amp @ 120V or 4.5Amp @ 220V
Fomites and Infection Transmission
German researchers found that viruses and bacteria, including VRE, MRSA, TB, C.diff and
Streptococcus can survive for months on dry surfaces. These pathogens are frequently found in patients with nosocomial infections. In
the hospital environment, surfaces with which hands come in contact are often
contaminated with nosocomial pathogens, and may serve as vectors for
cross-transmission. Contaminated hands can transfer germs to five more
surfaces or 14 other subjects and can also be the source of recontaminating
"Compliance rates of healthcare workers in
hand hygiene are known to be around 50%. Due to the overwhelming evidence of low
compliance with hand hygiene, the risk from contaminated surfaces cannot be
overlooked.” said the researchers.
Full text »